The recommended pressure for our board is 12—15 PSI. Depending on the size of your board it can take anywhere from 4—6 minutes.
QUESTIONS ABOUT INFLATABLE BOARDS
How much air should I pump into my Inflatable Board?
How much pressure (PSI) should be pumped for inflatable boards at different weather or temperatures?
The recommended pressure for our inflatable boards is between 12 and 15 PSI.
If the temperature outside is above 25 degrees Celsius, we recommend inflating the board only up to 13 psi, since the pressure will increase naturally, due to the heat.
When detaching the pump from the Inflatable board, the air starts to release from the valve. How do I stop this from happening?
There is a little spring pin inside that locks itself in two positions:
Deflating position (air coming out freely) and inflating position (100% Airtight). To switch from deflating to inflating, simply push the pin and the pin will lock itself in a up position and the air will not be able to come out unless you push the pin down again.
Can I use any of Starboard's pumps to inflate my board?
Yes, all our pumps are designed to fit all of our inflatable boards.
How do I take care of my SUP?
Taking care of your SUP is pretty easy, with little regular maintenance required. But to keep your board in tip-top shape for as long as possible, here’s some simple things to be aware of:
- Don’t expose your board to sunlight for too long, as this can cause permanent damage. Store indoors, in the shade, or in a reflective bag when not in use.
- After paddling in the ocean, rinse your board and all accessories with fresh water. Failing to rinse-off salt and other debris can weaken seams and damage your board’s material over time.
- Regularly check for cracks, scrapes, or any other issues. The faster you identify a problem, the quicker it can be fixed to avoid too much long-term damage.
How do I store my FUNWATER board?
Proper SUP storage is crucial for increasing your board’s longevity. Here’s some top tips
- Make sure your board is fully dry before deflating, folding, and storing away. Storing your board when wet or damp can cause permanent damage over time. Not to mention the mould that could develop if you go a long period of time not using your board!
- Always store your SUP in appropriate temperatures. Whilst our boards are designed to be super durable, extreme hot or cold conditions won’t be ideal in the long-run. We recommend storing your board anywhere between 5 – 40°C (40 – 105°F).
- Always remove your centre fin. If you deflate your board and try rolling it up with fins still in, this could cause permanent damage.
How do I travel with my iSUP?
- Our iSUPs have been specifically designed with ease of travel in mind. Whether walking, driving, or hopping on a plane, travelling with your iSUP shouldn’t be a struggle with our included travel backpack.
- For more information on how to best travel with your SUP, check out our blog for some top tips.
Can I keep my SUP permanently inflated?
- Many people assume SUPs have to be stored deflated, but that’s simply not the case. In fact, if you regularly use your board, we recommend keeping it inflated for ease and to save time!
- As long as you keep your board away from direct sunlight, you can keep it inflated for as long as you wish. Just be sure to avoid stacking heavy objects on top of it, as this could cause damage.
My SUP has a leak. What do I do?
- First of all, don’t panic! Experiencing a leak can be pretty common with inflatable SUPs, and most are simple to fix.
- The first step is to locate the leak. The bubble test is the easiest method of doing this. Simply spray your board with soapy water, and look out for where the most air bubbles appear – this will be the source of your leak.
- Once located, you can use a patch from your repair kit to repair the leak. Secure the patch in place using toluene glue, and you’re able to safely take your board out on the water again.
- If you have any questions regarding leaks, or if there’s anything you’re unsure about, we’re always here to help. Get in touch with our technical support team by emailing support:firstname.lastname@example.org
What should I wear when stand up paddleboarding?
- If you’re a newcomer, we strongly recommend wearing a floatation device at all times. It’s also best to wear waterproof clothing or even a wetsuit, ensuring you’re always prepared should you get wet!
- For more experienced paddlers, simply staying comfortable is key. Being sure to protect yourself from the sun is crucial, especially when paddling close to the coast. A cool breeze can easily mask how hot temperatures are truly getting, and you’ll be more exposed to sunburn as sunlight reflects back up off the water.
- Wearing clothes with wicking properties is ideal too, as you’ll be kept feeling cool and dry.
Other than a SUP and paddle, what else do I need?
- Regardless of whether you’re in a rough ocean or calm lake, a leash is essential. Not only will this keep your SUP safely attached to you should you fall off, but also prevents your board being swept away beyond reach. All our SUPs come complete with a secure coiled leash.
- SPF is equally important to avoid sunburn. And, if paddling in unfamiliar areas, we recommend water shoes for protection.
How do I avoid falling?
- In short, you can’t! Falling is a totally normal aspect of paddleboarding (especially when learning), and is nothing to be scared of.
- If you do feel you’re going to fall, knowing how to fall correctly is crucial to avoid damage. Aim to fall directly into the water, as falling onto your board can cause injury. And be sure to keep hold of your paddle.
Can I SUP even if I can’t swim?
- Whilst we firmly believe anyone can SUP, this unfortunately doesn’t apply to those who can’t swim.
- As falling is a completely normal aspect of paddleboarding, you’ll be putting yourself and those around you in danger if you’re unable to swim. Regardless of whether you’re paddling in shallow waters, you MUST know how to swim before attempting to paddleboard.
Can I safely bring my dog onboard a SUP?
- Absolutely! You can definitely paddle with your pups, provided they’re confident in the water and you’ve got the right board.
- We recommend the 10’8 Cruise when paddling with smaller dogs, or the larger 12’ and 15’ models if you need a little more space.
Can two people safely SUP together on the same board?
Provided you’re using a board that’s large enough, absolutely!
HOW SHOULD I CLEAN MY BOARD?
DOES THE PADDLE FLOAT?
WARRANTY & REPAIRS
DO FUNWATER BOARDS COME WITH A WARRANTY?
MY PRESSURE GAUGE IS NOT WORKING – WHAT DO I DO?
WILL ROCKS OR SUNKEN OBJECTS DAMAGE MY INFLATABLE IROCKER BOARD?
WHAT IS THE WRENCH INSIDE MY REPAIR KIT USED FOR?
DO YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR PATCHING A BOARD?
First, cut out a smaller piece of the patch just big enough to cover the hole. We usually use a bottle cap or something like that ends up making a good size patch. Next, Clean the patch and board (area that will get glue) with an alcohol wipe. Allow to dry. Then, apply glue to each side (patch and board) and let the glue sit for a minute to get tacky. Last, Place patch on board over hole and clamp it down (bar clamps or hand clamps work best) for about 12 hrs. You can also use a heavy weight (> 20lbs) if you do not have clamps. That should do it. If your patch is too big, you will have to do little sections at a time (whatever you can compress with weight/clamps), that is why you don't want to use the full patch that comes in the repair kit. As always, if you need further assistance, please let us know!
WHAT GLUE DO YOU RECOMMEND FOR ADHERING PATCHES?